Work with no-nonsense lawyers that get things done efficiently, cost-effectively and with
Enjoy realistic, practical and results-driven solutions for your legal problem.
We can advocate for you in court or negotiate an early resolution to your matter. We have particular experience with helping military and mining families. Contact us now for tailored legal advice.
- Figuring out “who gets what” in property settlements.
- Agreeing on how much time children spend with each parent.
- Consent Orders
- General advice on children’s matters including:
- Passports & overseas travel
- Resolving disputes about major decisions including schooling, medical issues and risks
- Divorce applications
- Family law litigation including initiating applications, responses, contraventions and enforcement of orders.
Our lawyers are capable of providing effective legal representation for any criminal matter, big or small. We have a track record of appearing in local Magistrates, District and Supreme courts. Seeking professional legal advice for criminal matters is crucial as the outcome can have a significant impact on your life.
- Appearing in Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts for sentence and hearing
- Preparing and making bail applications
- Representation for all traffic matters, including drink and drug driving
- Assistance with work license and hardship applications
- Defense for various criminal offenses such as:
- Theft and dishonesty offences
- Drug-related offences
- Sexual offences
- Weapons offences
- Homicide or unlawful deaths
- Domestic violence offences
Looking to buy or sell a home in Queensland? Trust us to guide you through our seamless process with confidence, no hidden costs, and minimal delays. Our Residential Conveyancing services include:
- Competitive fixed fees
- Clear and timely communication
- Proficient use of PEXA online settlement software
Wills & Estates
At Harvey Legal, we can assist you in creating a will to make it simpler for your loved ones to manage your estate. In the interest of safeguarding your assets and last wishes, we provide Will Preparation Services.
- Estate administration
- Simple wills
- Family provision applications & contesting a will
Book your consultation
At the first step, schedule a consultation with us to discuss the details of your case and receive our initial advice. We'll outline the key points from our meeting and present your available options.
We get to work
Once you decide to work with us, we'll collaborate on a cost agreement that fits your specific case and financial situation. Our hourly rates are clearly defined and we offer cost-effective fixed fee options and payment plans for eligible clients.
Enjoy great results
Finally, rest easy knowing that we'll keep you informed throughout the process through your preferred method of communication, ensuring you're never left in the dark about the progress of your case.
Why Harvey Legal?
We go the extra mile to get the best result possible for you.
- Outstanding results At Harvey Legal, we don’t waste your time and resources on fruitless negotiations. We know when it’s time to move on to litigation and bring your case to a resolution.
- Personalised Attention We understand that each case is unique, and you’re more than just a number to us. We tailor our service to your specific situation, preferences, and budget.
- Efficiency First We explore all available options to resolve your legal dispute, including mediation, negotiations via correspondence, and case conferencing. We know when to push for an out-of-court resolution and when to proceed with litigation, so you don’t waste money on unnecessary lawyer’s letter wars.
- Transparent Billing We provide upfront quotes and stick to them. We get your approval before proceeding with any additional tasks that may incur extra costs. You’ll receive itemised invoices, so you know exactly what you’re paying for.
- Clear & Confident With our team’s wealth of experience, we can explain legal concepts and options in plain terms, giving you the confidence to move forward with your case.
- Technologically AdeptWe use technology to streamline the legal process and ensure your case is handled efficiently. Our lawyers are familiar with local court staff and procedures, so we can navigate the system smoothly on your behalf.
- Ever AccessibleWe know that many of our clients have busy and unpredictable schedules, so we make ourselves available to answer questions and concerns within 24 hours of contact.
- Peace of mind Our goal is to make the legal process as stress-free as possible for you, which means avoiding unnecessary delays and keeping you informed every step of the way.
Meet the Harvey Legal Team
Adam holds a Bachelor of Laws from James Cook University, which he received in 2011. He was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2015. His past experience as an Official Visitor with Queensland Corrective Services has provided him with valuable insights into the inner workings of the prison system.
Adam is known for his straightforward approach. When you work with him, you can be confident that he’ll explain your legal situation in clear, easy-to-understand terms, ensuring you fully understand your options and the course of action to take.
Learn more about Adam »
Caitlin brings a wealth of experience to the table, including many years in Property Management, and a background in investigations with the Office of State Revenue. With her 15+ years of clerical experience in both the public and private sectors, clients will benefit from her expertise and attention to detail.
She’s known for her efficiency and effective communication skills. Caitlin currently attends general administrative to the progression of all conveyancing matters by keeping all stakeholders accountable throughout the transaction. Caitlin will is shortly set to graduate with a Diploma in Paralegal Services in March 2023.
Learn more about Caitlin »
Going above and beyond the call of duty is just one of many reasons why our clients give us 5-star reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any guarantees?
We guarantee that we will never charge above our estimate unless the scope of the work radically changes. If this is the case, we will stop work and explain what extra tasks need to be done before engaging in the work. As our client, you will never be surprised with a big bill.
What areas do you service?
Our firm serves Mackay and the surrounding regional areas. Our solicitors are experienced in appearing before state courts in Mackay, Townsville, Moranbah, Proserpine, Sarina, Longreach, and other areas in Queensland. We also have the capability to represent clients in the Federal Circuit and Family Court across the country.
In light of the recent changes made during the COVID-19 pandemic response, state and federal courts will now generally accommodate phone appearances for procedural aspects of most cases.
How much do your services cost?
Your costs will depend on the scope of work in which you instruct us to engage in and will vary from the type of matter as well. One of our key values is delivering quality service to you while keeping your costs at a minimum. You will be advised at all times of the low-cost options to resolve your legal dispute including taking advantage of free mediation services, government support programs and alternate dispute resolution services.